The first lawn Bowls Club in Israel was established in 1950 in Ramat Gan. The new immigrants from South Africa headed by Max Spitz persuaded the then mayor of Ramat Gan, Mr. Krinitzi, to donate a suitable piece of ground for the purpose. The Savyon Bowls Organization was formed In 1955 From 1977 and onwards, with the massive wave of immigration from South Africa, clubs were added in 1980 in Raanana and Haifa, and a little later on in Ramat Hasharon and Netanya. The club in Jerusalem was founded in 1990, and that of Kiryat Ono in 1992.
The history of bowls in Raanana and its achievements are told in the chapter on the Raanana Club.
Web site Creator – Dalia Levy Contact Webmaster - Izik VaxmanContact Ya'ara St.(extension of Tzipman St.) Raanana 09-7411308